Statistics suggest that around half of all marriages lead to divorce. Some marriages do not last. However, not all relationships are meant for each other. There are many legal options available to you during these difficult times in your lives. Here is a list of some places where you can locate a divorce lawyer. Visit our website and learn more about local attorneys divorce.
1. Referrals from a Friend to Family- This is where you can ask a co-worker, friend, or relative who has been through a divorcement before. These people can provide valuable information about their own experiences with the lawyer who represented them in their divorce proceedings. Sometimes, this friend or family member is not within your jurisdiction, and therefore may have different laws. You should always try to find a local referral for divorce advice.
2. Internet- Internet can be used by many people to search for information quickly. The internet is full information about legal matters, including local divorce attorneys. Search engines provide detailed results for your search, making the internet a great choice. An alternative option is to connect to the Internet via your cell phone. This will allow your ex spouse to access your history, even though they aren’t able see it on your home PC.
3. Local Phone Book Listings. You will find a wide range of licensed attorneys within your local area by looking through your yellow pages and phone book. The most popular advertisement may not necessarily be the best one for your divorce case. If you decide to search the yellow pages for a divorce attorney, make sure to contact several local attorneys to ensure that they are qualified to handle your case. Some family lawyers might only be qualified to handle adoption services. Be sure to check that the main practice of your attorney is divorce.
4. Bar Association- There will likely be one in your city. This is another place you can search for qualified divorce attorneys. Call the association to get in touch with a few reputable local divorce lawyers. Here you can be assured that the attorney is licensed, and holds all necessary credentials.
5. Local Law Schools. If you don’t have a lot to spend on a divorce attorney, you can find one at your local school. If you are eligible, you may be able to receive discounted prices. You can also be referred to a divorce lawyer if your situation does not qualify.
6. Legal Aid Services: If you’re low on income or cash, this is another option. Search for local legal aid societies in your town. For legal aid eligibility, you might need to have certain qualifications. Many legal aid offices also offer pro bono services for those who are in financial hardship. Many local divorce attorneys are willing to accept pro bono cases.
Leave a Reply